Sewbo is pioneering a radical new approach to the automated sewing of clothing. We are seeking a Chief Engineer to lead the development and deployment of the mechanical side of our tool chain. As Chief Engineer, you will play a critical role as the company’s technologies move from the lab to the factory floor.
You will be working with a wide range of technologies and tools, including industrial robotics and other mechatronic systems, thermoforming, ultrasonic welding, low-pressure steam, roll-to-roll processing, web handling, laser cutters, and sewing machines.
- Develop and lead a team of engineers to design, build, and maintain our automation tools for the sewing of clothing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software, electrical, and firmware engineers, to ensure seamless integration of our technologies
- Ensure that all tools are developed with safety, quality, and efficiency in mind, and comply with industry standards and regulations
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations in industrial automation, and continually evaluate and recommend improvements to our tool chain
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in industrial automation
- Proven track record of leading and managing a team of engineers
- In-depth knowledge of industrial robotics and mechatronic systems, as well as other technologies used in industrial automation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you share Sewbo’s passion for innovative automation technologies, and have the skills and experience to lead our mechanical engineering team, we encourage you to apply at [email protected]